Breastfeeding is always best for your baby, but sometimes it is not possible to breastfeed naturally. Calma is an alternative to breastfeeding for mothers wishing to feed their babies with breastmilk.
· Allows babies to retain their natural feeding behaviour learned on the breast.
· Babies can drink, breathe and pause regularly.
· Enables an easy transition from the breast to the teat and back.
· One size is sufficient for the entire breastfeeding period, just as in nature.
· The ideal teat for your baby - we recommend introducing a teat when breastfeeding is established
This new teat ensures that babies do not have to change their natural feeding behaviour. Whether you breastfeed or use Calma - the milk only flows when the baby "works" for it.
Standard teats accelerate an unnatural technique
When you give your baby a bottle with pumped breastmilk and a standard teat, it learns a different technique as to when you breastfeed it. The pumped breastmilk flows automatically and does not stop when the baby wants to pause or breathe. So the baby chokes more easily and can develop difficulties in its regular breathing.